Friday, February 11, 2011

What makes a great post?

Today we  made a list of the types of posts that we would like to see on our class blog.  Treva has made a start by surveying the class on their  favourite music. Lucy and Keilani have started drafting a post about our class inquiry.

Here are some of the things that we decided were vital for  safe and successful posting:
  • Only use your first name
  • Only use sensible and appropriate language
  • Draft your post and have it checked by a teacher before publishing
  • Never write or give out personal details- this includes phone number and address
  • Ask permission before you post a photo of some-one else

5 comments:

Mary Ashley York said...

Hi! My name is Mary Ashley and I attend The University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I love this post! It has some awesome points! I love that you focus on safety! That is so important and something that more people need to do! Keep up the good work! Feel free to check out my blog:
http://yorkmaryashleyedm310.blogspot.com

Ashley Welch said...

My name is Ashley from Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I completely agree with all of your safety tips for creating a safe and vital blog.

Lisa Taylor said...

I am Lisa Taylor in Dr. Strange's EDM310 at the University of South Alabama.I like all your tips about creating a safe successful blog post.

Lisa Taylor said...

I am Lisa from Dr.Strange's EDM310 at University of South Alabama.I like your tips for safe blog.

Anonymous said...

My name is Bernie and I teach at a school in Upper Hutt. I think you have done a great job coming up with some agreed on rules for making comments and posting them. They are a great model for me to use as a starting point with my group of students. Ensuring consistency and safety is very important to ensure the focus remains on learning when you are blogging.

 
Copyright 2010 Room 14 Explorers. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase