Saturday, February 26, 2011

Christchurch Earthquake


Quick Facts and Stories from children.
The earthquake struck on Tuesday 22nd February.  It was magnitude 6.3 and struck at a depth of 5km, 10km south-east of Christchurch CBD. It was shallower and closer to Christchurch than the 7.1 magnitude quake on September 4.
The quake has caused devastation. Emergency services are reporting multiple fatalities, serious injuries and extensive structural damage to buildings. 

Whenmyhomeshook.co.nz is a website dedicated to helping Canterbury School children overcome the recent earthquake by providing a platform where they can openly share their personal earthquake story.
We can show our support by commenting on these stories with messages of hope and encouragement.


5 comments:

Brooke said...

I hope there alright i would be so scared imagine if that was us
Brooke Cameron

D-man said...

There was an earthquake 20km north-west of Tauranga at 8.30 this morning but I don't think anyone felt it. Also it must be horrible to lose a family member in such a crises like Christchurch's earthquake and Japan's earthquake and tsunami.
Damian

D-man said...

There was an earthquake 20km north-west of Tauranga at 8.30 this morning but I don't think it was strong enough to be felt. Also it mustbe horrible to lose a family member in such a crises as the Christchurch earthquake and Japan's earthquake and tsunami.

Kristan Steele said...

My name is Kristan. I am in Dr. Strange's class at The University of South Alabama. I have not personally experienced an earthquake, and hope I never do. I can't image the devastation this causes. I will keep the victims of this earthquake in my prayers along with the victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami.

P.S. I love the "Exploring Innovation" post above. It is a great to allow others contribute their ideas! I submitted the word "improving."

Latasha said...

i dont like how the christchurch earthquake happend it was shocking the christchurch earthqacke was wose then the alkland torrn tado

 
Copyright 2010 Room 14 Explorers. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase