Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Special Person - Author = Maringi

Below is Maringi's 'Special Person' writing.

We are learning to describe in detail. 
This means including deeper features such as:
  • personal voice
  • ideas that are important to the story
  • a clear structure
  • exciting vocabulary
Please support our learning by providing feedback in the form of compliments and wishes.  
 This exemplar might be helpful .

My Nanny Parihaka!
My special person is my Nanny Parihaka. She’s loving, nice, caring, sharing and helpful.
My Nanny has grey hair tied up in a bun, big blue eyes the colour of the sea,  old fashioned clothes blue, green, red, aqua and multi colours only the colours  I said she wouldn’t wear anything else.

I wish you had met her she was the best nanny I knew.
She was helpful by cooking and when she came around she would help me until I’m finished.
She always said when I come for a visit “where’s my mokopuna”? What I would do is say “rrraaahhh” and we would laugh together.
The worst thing is that she has past away though but I will remember her and that’s what matters.

One of my memories is when we went for a drive she sat by me for about 2-4 hours there to my cousins and back home telling jokes that we know. The most favourite was what’s black and white black and white black and white? A penguin rolling down the hill.
The most important thing is that she will be there all the way, right now she will be looking down at me.
That’s why nanny parihaka is so special to me. I hope you have a special person too.
By Maringi
 

1 comments:

Ms Billington said...

Maringi,
Special people really live in our hearts forever don't they?
You described your nanny beautifully and I can hear your voice in this. Well done!

 
Copyright 2010 Room 14 Explorers. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase