Sunday, April 10, 2011

Update 1 from Mrs Logan


Hi Everyone,

Well here we are, Jacob and I. We have arrived in Jersey in the Channel Islands after an extremely long trip. In total it was probably close to 37 hours from the time we left Tauranga until the time we arrived in Jersey. The flights were really great with fantastic movies and games for the kids to play. We could make phone calls between the seats so the boys were phoning one another and having a great time.

Since being here we have just had a bit of a look around and shopping. We found a great shoe shop yesterday and the boys went wild trying on nike, reebok etc and then buying up a bit of a storm as they were all on sale and really well priced. I am still on the hunt for winter boots and clothes.

Jersey is a fantastic island. The weather has been amazing, apparently the warmest April in 100 years. It is really old and during the second world war it was occupied by the Germans for 5 years. Many people died. There are tunnels that were built under the ground that we will go for a look at at some stage and i'll bring back some photos.

Today were are going on a cruise around the island, about 2 1/2 hours, looking at all of the historical sights.

The boys have their first training run today and are really excited about it.

I hope that you are all really well and having great fun. Thinking of you all.

Take care,

Maree / Mrs Logan


1 comments:

rm14 said...

Oh my gosh you are so lucky I wish I was there.I bet you are so tired.We miss you in rm 14.From Charlotte and keilani.

 
Copyright 2010 Room 14 Explorers. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase